Equine extracorporeal shock wave therapy (ESWT) is a non-invasive treatment modality that has gained significant attention in the field of equine medicine. This therapy involves the application of shock waves to specific areas of a horse’s body to stimulate tissue healing and promote pain relief. With its growing popularity, ESWT has become an important tool for managing various musculoskeletal conditions in horses, including tendon and ligament injuries, osteoarthritis, and back pain.
List of equine extracorporeal shock wave therapy studies:
- Short term analgesic effect of extracorporeal shock wave therapy in horses with proximal palmar metacarpal/plantar metatarsal pain by Imboden I, Waldern NM, Wiestner T, Lischer CJ, Ueltschi G, Weishaupt MA
- Effect of extracorporeal shock wave therapy on the biochemical composition and metabolic activity of tenocytes in normal tendinous structures in ponies by Bosch G, Lin YL, van Schie HT, van De Lest CH, Barneveld A, van Weeren PR
- Force platform evaluation of lameness severity following extracorporeal shock wave therapy in horses with unilateral forelimb lameness by Dahlberg JA, McClure SR, Evans RB, Reinertson EL.
- Histomorphologic evaluation of extracorporeal shock wave therapy of the fourth metatarsal bone and the origin of the suspensory ligament in horses without lameness by Bischofberger AS, Ringer SK, Geyer H, Imboden I, Ueltschi G, Lischer CJ.
- The evaluation of extracorporeal shock wave therapy on collagenase-induced superficial digital flexor tendonitis by Kersh KD, McClure SR, Van Sickle D, Evans RB.
- Evaluation of skin sensitivity after shock wave treatment in horses by Waldern NM, Weishaupt MA, Imboden I, Wiestner T, Lischer CJ.
- Extracorporeal shock wave therapy for treatment of osteoarthritis in the horse: clinical applications by Revenaugh MS. Northwest Equine Performance LLC,
- Osseous lesion of the calcaneus following the use of shock wave therapy in a horse by Diakakis N, Patsikas MN, Dessiris AK.
- Investigation of the immediate analgesic effects of extracorporeal shock wave therapy for treatment of navicular disease in horses by Brown KE, Nickels FA, Caron JP, Mullineaux DR, Clayton HM.
- Assessment of scintigraphic and thermographic changes after focused
extracorporeal shock wave therapy on the origin of the suspensory ligament and the
fourth metatarsal bone in horses without lameness by Ringer SK, Lischer CJ,
- Evaluation of analgesia resulting from extracorporeal shock wave therapy and radial pressure wave therapy in the limbs
of horses and sheep by McClure SR, Sonea IM,Evans RB, Yaeger MJ
- Scintigraphic, radiographic, and thermographic appearance of the metacarpal and metatarsal regions of adult healthy horses treated with nonfocused extracorporeal shock wave therapy–a pilot study by Verna M, Turner TA, Anderson KL
- Ultrastructural and immunocytochemical evaluation of the effects of extracorporeal shock wave treatment in the hind limbs of horses with experimentally induced suspensory ligament desmitis by AL, Amorim RL, Thomassian A, Hussni CA, Nicoletti JL
- Focused extracorporeal shock wave therapy in an isolated calcification in the equine ligamentum nuchae–case report by Braun S, Lafrenz R., Tierklinik Vierhöfen
- Determination of functional and morphologic changes in palmar digital nerves after nonfocused extracorporeal shock wave treatment in horses by Bolt DM, Burba DJ, Hubert JD, Strain GM, Hosgood GL, Henk WG, Cho DY
- Evaluation of cutaneous analgesia after non-focused extracorporeal shock wave application over the 3rd metacarpal bone in horses by Bolt DM, Burba DJ, Hubert JD, Pettifer GR, Hosgood GL
- The effects of extracorporeal shock-wave therapy on the ultrasonographic and histologic appearance of collagenase induced equine forelimb suspensory ligament desmitis by McClure SR, VanSickle D, Evans R, Reinertson EL, Moran L.
- Effects of extracorporeal shock wave therapy and radial pressure wave therapy on elasticity and microstructure of equine cortical bone by Pauwels FE, McClure SR, Amin V, Van Sickle D, Evans RB.
- Effect of focused and radial extracorporeal shock wave therapy on equine bone microdamage by Da Costa Gomez TM, Radtke CL, Kalscheur VL, Swain CA, Scollay MC, Edwards RB, Santschi EM, Markel MD, Muir P
- Effects of extracorporeal shock wave therapy on bone by McClure SR, Van Sickle D, White MR
- Extracorporal shock wave therapy in veterinary medicine by Schnewlin M, Lischer C.
Click here to read more.